Pango Technology is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior level Lead Service Desk Engineer to join our Network Services team. Previous Managed Service Provider (MSP) Technician experience is preferred.
The successful candidate will be responsible for expansive IT support services to client employees, and work with the Senior Systems Engineer to install, configure, and maintain client computers, laptops, servers and other common IT infrastructure. Experience with supporting virtual environments and cloud technology is preferred.
This critical team member will combine their broad experience, strong troubleshooting skills, and strong communication skills to provide professional and courteous customer service. This self-directed team member will interact with customers daily and be responsible for the resolution of technical support issues using both remote tools and onsite at customer locations.
Essential duties include working closely with other Pango senior technical staff to implement and support robust modern solutions for our customers. They will be responsible for day-to-day administration, monitoring, and maintenance activities in both a hands-on and oversight role (for automated processes.) They will provide technical support for end users ranging from application issues to operating system and printer support. They will keep thorough documentation, automate routine tasks, and follow procedures to deliver quality services, recommending improvements wherever necessary. As an experienced member of Pango’s collaborative and customer-focused team, they will hold a critical role in both their own personal success and the success of the Pango team.
This position is permanent, full time, and working from our Anchorage, Alaska location.
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and document trouble tickets related to technical difficulties with client hardware, software, and networks.
- Provide hands-on support, and remediation in a timely fashion.
- Work with clients daily.
- Install, configure, and harden client workstations and laptops.
- Configure user accounts, user profiles, and system policies within Microsoft Active Directory Domains.
- Assist with the development, review, and implementation of various SOP’s for clients.
- Perform software and equipment patching and maintenance for clients.
- Assist in maintaining asset inventory for clients.
- Actively contribute to ongoing process improvements within company and client networks.
- Participate in rotational after-hours emergency support services for client networks.
- Limited travel required to support client offices.
- Perform various other duties as required.
- Assist Network Engineering teams in specific project tasks as directed.
- Assist in the configuration and maintenance of client servers, switches, and routers.
- BA or BS degree is preferred, and/or is in the process of completing college. Specialization in computer science or equivalent is preferred.
- A+, Network+, MCSE, VCP, are desired.
- Five+ years of desktop support experience with 2+ years MSP experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task on simultaneous projects.
- Ability to solve complex IT issues with little to no supervision.
- Ability to interact with various personalities using tact and diplomacy.
- Knowledge of various virtualization technologies.
- Knowledge of various network servers, storage arrays, routers, switches, and desktop platforms.
- 2+ years’ experience working in or with the following: Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange Server 2007/2010/2013, Microsoft Client Operating Systems including XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2003/2007/2010/2013, Knowledge of various network practices and protocols including but not limited to TCP/IP, IPSEC, VPN, RDP, LDAP, EIGRP, DFS, DFSR, NAT.
- Experience with Remote Management Tools in an MSP environment.
- Experience with MS Office365 and on-premises MS Exchange administration.
- Experience managing infrastructure and applications on public, private and hybrid cloud platforms.
- Experience implementing, supporting and testing backup software and disaster recovery solutions.
- Experience Implementing and supporting security applications such as Spyware and Antivirus software.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
- Knowledge of VoIP voice and conferencing technology.
Pango Technology offers excellent benefits. Compensation depends on experience, and candidates must be able to work on-site in Alaska. Pango Technology is an equal opportunity employer.
Please click here to submit your resume.