Pango’s Managed Technology group is seeking a reliable, professional, highly motivated and experienced Systems Engineer/Administrator to join our growing Managed IT Services team. This person will be responsible for the design, delivery, and ongoing administration of best-in-class infrastructure solutions for our customers. They will combine their broad experience and strong technical skills to provide top-notch delivery of services to our customers.
The Systems Engineer/Administrator will provide proactive infrastructure management including monitoring, maintenance, backup, and optimization activities. They will monitor systems status with remote monitoring and management tools. They will monitor appliance and cloud backups for successful completion and utilize such backups for recovery systems and application data. They will provide end-user technical support in a Managed Services environment with multiple external customers for server-based applications, operating systems, and backup systems. They will respond in a timely manner to system performance issues and outages. They will develop and improve best practice processes and standards, keep thorough documentation, and automate routine tasks and updates.
The Systems Engineer/Administrator will work on customer infrastructure projects including server and desktop migrations, Managed IT Services customer onboarding, and backup and disaster recovery implementations. The Senior Systems Engineer will work with Managed IT Services customers to monitor technical alignment with Pango Technology standards and recommend initiatives to improve customer experience.
The Systems Engineer/Administrator will implement Windows application server infrastructure in both stand-alone and virtualized (HyperV, VMWare) environments. They should be familiar with AWS and Azure implementations in either full or hybrid environments.
This position is permanent, full time, and working from our Anchorage, Alaska location. This position requires some after hours and weekend work.
- BA or BS degree is preferred. Specialization in computer science or equivalent is preferred.
- A+, Network+, CCNA, MCSA, MCSE, VCP, CEH, CISSP, Project+, ITIL, PMP, Security+ are desired.
- Managed Services experience is preferred.
- More than 5 years of systems administration, backup systems administration, and support experience.
- Demonstrated dependability, reliability and work ethic is required.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles, methods and techniques used in infrastructure management.
- Experience with Terminal Services, MS SQL Server, AWS/Azure, and other foundational infrastructure technologies is preferred.
- Experience managing volume licenses from prominent software vendors is preferred.
Pango Technology offers excellent benefits. Compensation depends on experience, and candidates must be able to work on-site in Alaska. Pango Technology is an equal opportunity employer.