Pango’s Managed Technology group is seeking a highly motivated senior technology professional to lead our delivery of world-class Managed Services solutions. This professional will have experience researching and recommending network, security, and server solutions in a local, Cloud, and hybrid Cloud environments. They will have experience with all aspects of IT infrastructure coupled with strong communications and leadership skills. The ideal candidate will be able to see the larger business context and recommend IT infrastructure and software solutions that help our customers meet their business goals.
The vCIO will have experience managing a service desk, IT infrastructure projects, and a team of highly skilled IT professionals. In addition to management, the vCIO will be willing and able to jump into the fray, close tickets, and help solve thorny IT Infrastructure problems when the need arises.
The vCIO will contribute to the continual improvement of Managed Technology’s suite of services by developing best-practice driven procedures, templates, and approaches for supporting our customers. The vCIO will provide significant sales engineering support to our sales teams by recommending solutions, presenting technical concepts in a digestible, business friendly fashion, and working closely with existing customers to identify needed improvements to their infrastructure.
This individual will have superior written and verbal communication skills. They will have the ability to articulate designs and ideas into coherent diagrams and documentation. They will have strong presentation skills and a high degree of comfort speaking with customer executives about IT issues, plans, and strategies.
This position is permanent, full time, and working from our Anchorage, Alaska location. This position requires some after hours and weekend work.
- BS/BA in computer science, IT or relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Professional certifications (e.g. MCSE, CCNP, VCP, CISSP, etc.) are an asset.
- 8+ years of Network/Systems Engineering/Administration experience and 2+ years of project leadership or IT consulting experience.
- A demonstrated ability to translate complex requirements and technical solutions into functional architecture.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience designing, implementing, and supporting IT infrastructure solutions in local, Cloud, and hybrid Cloud environments.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience designing, implementing and supporting complex networks, including routers, switches, firewalls, and associated network protocols and concepts.
- Experience leading technical resources to successfully implement and support infrastructure solutions.
- Experience managing a help/service desk.
- Knowledge of IT security and data protection.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a strategic relationship with customers, explaining business impact of IT decisions.
- Experience with Microsoft operations environment, including: Azure, Hyper-V, VMWare, Windows Server, Active Directory Services, Office365 Services, SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint Services, AWS, and Google Cloud Platform.
Pango Technology offers excellent benefits. Compensation depends on experience, and candidates must be able to work on-site in Alaska. Pango Technology is an equal opportunity employer.