Pango’s Managed Technology group is seeking a reliable, professional, highly motivated, and experienced Systems Engineer/Administrator to join our growing Managed IT Services team. This person will be responsible for the design, delivery, and ongoing administration of best-in-class infrastructure solutions for our customers.
The Systems Engineer/Administrator will:
- Monitor systems status using remote monitoring and management tools.
- Monitor appliance and cloud backups for successful completion
- Perform systems recovery from backup when needed.
- Provide end-user technical support in a Managed Services environment with multiple external customers.
- Respond in a timely manner to system performance issues and outages.
- Perform regular systems maintenance to customer systems.
- Develop and improve best practice processes and standards
- Keep thorough documentation
- Automate routine tasks and updates.
In addition, the Systems Engineer/Administrator will work on customer infrastructure projects including server and desktop migrations, Managed IT Services customer onboarding, and backup and disaster recovery implementations.
- More than 5 years of systems administration and support experience.
- Windows Server (2012r2/2016/2019) deployment and administration.
- Active Directory Services deployment and administration.
- Creating and maintain Active Directory group policies (GPO).
- VMWare and/or Hyper-V deployment and administration.
- Deploying, monitoring, and maintaining endpoint protection applications (anti-Malware, Antivirus, and anti-spyware) software.
- Migrating and managing infrastructure and applications on public, private, and hybrid cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, etc.).
- Experience implementing, supporting, testing, and using backup systems.
- Experience implementing and supporting desktop operating systems and applications.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
- Demonstrated dependability and reliability.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles, methods, and techniques used in infrastructure management.
- BA or BS degree is preferred. Specialization in computer science or equivalent.
- A+, Network+, CCNA, MCSA, MCSE, VCP, Security+.
- Managed Services experience.
- Experience working with ticketing systems.
- Experience with Terminal Services, MS SQL Server, Office 365, and other foundational infrastructure technologies.
This position is permanent, full time, and working from our Anchorage, Alaska location. Recognizing the challenging business environment created by the current pandemic, Pangos are working from home whenever possible. When the emergency has passed this position will work out of our office in Anchorage, Alaska. This position requires some after hours and weekend work.
Pango Technology offers excellent benefits. Compensation depends on experience, and candidates must be able to work on-site in Alaska. Pango Technology is an equal opportunity employer.